Organic vs. Regular Shampoo
We created a little chart to show you the reasons why we only carry organic and natural shampoos. Please check the labels of your (and your kids’!) shampoos to make sure your hair, your body and your loved ones are safe – and of course, adorned with beautiful, strong, shiny and healthy locks!
REGULAR, CHEMICAL-BASED SHAMPOO
- readily available in any store
- cheap price
- often more lather than organic shampoos, and it feels like you need a smaller quantity for hair washing
- the synthetic chemicals used have been proven to cause baldness, premature hair graying and hair loss
- having common shampoo chemicals like parabens, propylene glycol (antifreeze) and olefin sulfonate (deodorized kerosene) in your body harms not only your hair and scalp but is dangerous for your whole anatomy – can lead to development of cancer and other illnesses
- corrodes hair follicles
- sodium lauryl sulfate is known to cause cataracts in adults and improper eye development in children – still, this ingredient is used in 90% of conventional shampoos, and scientists believe it also causes hair loss in both men and women
- more than half of what you put on your skin absorbs into your body – synthetic foaming agents, parabens and other chemicals end up running through your veins
- some of the chemicals are lethal if absorbed in large amounts – allowed in shampoos because there’s only small amount in one bottle, but dangerous in long term use
- some of the chemicals (like sodium lauryl sulfate and parabens) are shown to leave deposits in your internal organs
- unfortunately, the list goes on and on…
- free of chemicals and synthetic ingredients – non-toxic and biodegradable, in other words good for you and the planet
- actually beneficial for hair and scalp – botanical ingredients enrich and infuse skin cells and hair follicles with natural oils, vitamins and minerals, resulting in soft and glossy hair
- facilitates your body’s production of oil from the glands and follicles – this oil makes your hair thicker and shiny in appearance
- infuses quicker with hair and scalp, and actually provides nutrients
- fortunately, this list goes on and on!
- higher price than conventional because the ingredients are natural and real, and therefore harder to come by than chemicals produced in labs (but you’re investing in your own and your family’s health AND being good to the environment)
- no synthetic foaming agents, which itself is of course a pro, but might make you use more shampoo than you really need to wash your hair, because you’re used to the foaming effect of regular shampoo – this can result in using up your shampoo too fast and having to buy it more often
- too many awesome brands to choose from: Yarok, Morrocco Method, John Masters Organics, Neuma, MGA, Innersense, Sevi… all available here in our online store, as well as in-store in our Philadelphia salon!